Moorish Lupin Nuts
Prep time 10 minutes. Cook time 40 mins (GF) (Vegan)
- 120g (1cup) Lupin Flakes
- 140g (1cup) raw whole almonds
- 140g (1cup) raw cashews
- 140g (1cup) raw brazil nuts or raw peanuts
- 4 tbsp golden syrup, rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp water
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¾ tsp smokey paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- Olive oil for coating
- Preheat oven to 120°C and line tray with baking tray with baking paper.
- In a very large saucepan, warm golden syrup with tsp of water stirring while over lowest heat possible until liquid is very runny
- Turn heat off, then add spices and salt and stir to combine well with the syrup
- Then add nuts to syrup and stir through until nuts are thoroughly coated and no syrup remains in the saucepan
- Add the Lupin flakes and toss gently to coat the nuts until evenly distributed.
- Gently transfer to the baking tray and spread evenly to form a single layer.
- Spray with oil to coat nuts.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes until golden brown
Note: If nuts begin to brown too much turn oven down to below 100°C to finish baking