Lupin Protein Power Balls
Prep time 25 minutes, Makes 12. (Vegan) (GF)
2 balls per serve: Calories 170, Protein 10g, Fat 8g, Carbs 14g, Fibre 9g
- 120g (1cup) toasted Lupin Flakes
- 40g (1/2cup) shredded coconut
- 30 (¼ cup) almond meal
- 100g (¾cup) dates
- 120ml water
- 2 tsp cacao (optional)
- Add Lupin Flakes to a hot dry pan and stir continuously over medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes until golden, or roast on a baking tray in a low oven (150°C) until golden.
- Use a food processor or blender to combine all ingredients.
- Roll into bite size balls.
- These can be stored in the freezer to keep their freshness longer.
Recipe Note: For an added treat try rolling the balls in shredded coconut & chopped cranberries, or crushed almonds or even sesame seeds.