Prep time 20 mins. Makes 3 x 250ml tubs.
- 120g lupin flake (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dehulled Tahini paste
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (except coconut)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup water (extra)
- Add lupin flake to 3 cups of hot water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes stirring then strain. Place cooked lupin flake and all other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- You may need to add up to an extra ¼ cup of water to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Dip will stiffen a little on standing, if you feel it is too thick, just add extra water and blend.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 10 days. Suitable to freeze (you may need to blend it again and to add a little extra water after defrosting).
- TIP: Don't be afraid to blend for 10 minutes or more to obtain a smooth consistency.