Prep time 25 mins. Makes 2 x 200ml tubs. (GF) (V).
per 100g: 130 Cal; 9g Protein, 8g Fat, 2g Carb, 7g Fibre
- 120g Lupin Flakes (1 cup)
- 35g Tahini paste (dehulled)
- 40mls White wine vinegar
- 25ml oil of choice (except coconut)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup water (extra)
- Add lupin flakes to 3 cups of hot water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes stirring then strain. Place cooked lupin flakes and all other ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Blend, blend and blend some more to make it smooth.
- Check seasoning and adjust if necessary. When warm it will taste very tart, this mellows when dip has been cooled.
- You may need to add up to an extra ¼ cup of water to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Dip will stiffen a little on standing, if you feel it is too thick, just add extra water and blend.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 10 days. Suitable to freeze (you may need to stir it a bit and to add a little lemon juice or water after defrosting).
TIP: Don't be afraid to blend for 10 minutes or more to obtain a smooth consistency. If you have a large food processor we recommend doubling the batch.