Lupin Banana Loaf
Prep time 15 mins. Cook time 45 mins. Loaf serves 10.
(V) (GF); Per serve: 220 Calories, 8g Protein, 6g Fat, 32g Carbs, 6g Fibre
- 125g lupin flakes
- 250g ripe bananas – mashed (2 large or 3 small)
- 215g SR Flour (or GF flour)
- 100g brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 50g melted coconut oil
- 50g chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 150ml milk of choice (coconut milk for vegan)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a loaf pan lightly with oil and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix lupin flake, sugar, SR flour, cinnamon, bicarb of soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, milk, mashed bananas, and vanilla and stir gently.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and fold in gently until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and sprinkle the top with lupin flakes, chopped nuts and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. The banana bread is ready when a skewer in the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside for at least 5 minutes, before carefully turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Note: can cover with foil for last 10 mins if cake is over browning.