Crusty lupin crumbed zucchini and aubergine bites
Prep time: 30 mins, Serves: 6 as meze platter
- 200g lupin flake (2 cups)
- 2-3 zucchini, sliced lengthways 1/2cm thick
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm slices
- 150g flour (use rice flour for a gluten-free option)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 350ml milk of choice
- Salt & Pepper seasoning to taste
Olive oil for shallow frying
- Combine rice flour garlic powder, nutritional yeast, cayenne, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Set up an assembly line: rice flour and spices in one bowl, milk in another, and lupin flakes in a third.
- Dip each zucchini slice and aubergine slice in the flour, then the milk, then finally into the lupin flakes pressing lightly to coat.
- Heat 1 cm of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Note: Maybe oven baked if preferred. Place on a greaseproof lined baking tray and bake in a hot preheated oven at 210°C for approximately 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Best served hot from the oven.