Warm Lupin and Mediterranean Roast Veggies Salad
Prep 15 mins, Roasting 40mins. Serves 6 as a side. (GF) (V). Per serve: 135 Cal, 7g Protein, 7g Fat, 9g Carb, 7g Fibre.
- 70g Lupin flake
- 125g small sweet potato, diced into 2cm cubes
- 150g butternut pumpkin diced into 2cm cubes
- 75g red capsicum chopped.
- 200g 1 medium size eggplant,diced into 2cm cubes
- 100g 1 medium zucchini,diced into 2cm cubes
- 50g 1 small onion, cut into slices
- 200g 3 small tomatoes,diced into 2cm cubes
- 5g 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 20g 1 heaped tbsp capsicum relish or tomato relish or tomato paste
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 35ml Olive Oil (or oil your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze or Vinegar (optional)
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a large bowl place all the ingredients except the lupin and balsamic glaze and toss until well mixed and evenly coated.
Transfer the vegetables to a very large baking tray so that they form a single layer.
Roast, tossing occasionally, until well cooked, 30-40 minutes.
While veggies are roasting place 70g of Lupin flake into 250mls of hot water and boil for 3 minutes stirring often and taking care so lupin flake doesn’t boil over (reduce heat if needed)
Drain flake into a fine mesh sieve, and drain. When cool enough to handle, wrap in a clean cloth and squeeze out excess moisture. Allow to cool.
Add the cooked lupin to the roast veggies and toss through gently. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and either a balsamic glaze or vinegar to finish.
Served with cubed feta and crusty bread it becomes a meal on it’s own.