Warm Lupin and Mediterranean Roast Veggies Salad
Prep 15 mins, Roasting 40mins. Serves 10-12 as a side. (GF) (V)
- 120g (1 cup) Lupin flake
- 250g 1 small sweet potato, diced into 2cm cubes
- 300g 1/4 butternut pumpkin diced into 2cm cubes
- 150g 1 red capsicum chopped.
- 400g 1 medium size eggplant,diced into 2cm cubes
- 200g 1 medium zucchini,diced into 2cm cubes
- 100g 1 large onion, cut into slices
- 375g 3 large tomatoes,diced into 2cm cubes
- 10g 4 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 40g 2 heaped tbsp capsicum relish or tomato relish or tomato paste
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 75ml (5 tbsp) Olive Oil (or oil your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze or Vinegar (optional)
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a large bowl place all the ingredients except the lupin and balsamic glaze and toss until well mixed and evenly coated.
Transfer the vegetables to a very large baking tray so that they form a single layer.
Roast, tossing occasionally, until well cooked, 30-40 minutes.
While veggies are roasting place 120g of Lupin flake into 500mls of hot water and boil for 3 minutes stirring often and taking care so lupin flake doesn’t boil over (reduce heat if needed)
Drain flake into a fine mesh sieve, and drain. When cool enough to handle, wrap in a clean cloth and squeeze out excess moisture. Allow to cool.
Add the cooked lupin to the roast veggies and toss through gently. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and either a balsamic glaze or vinegar to finish.
Served with cubed feta and crusty bread it becomes a meal on it’s own.