Turmeric Lupin Rice Salad
Prep time 5 minutes. Cook time 15 mins Serves 8 as side dish (GF) (Vegan)
- 60g (½ cup) Lupin flake
- 215g (1 cup) Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 165ml Light coconut milk
- 30g toasted almond flakes
- 40g currants
- 2 sliced spring onions
- handful herbs (parsley and mint or coriander, chopped coarsely)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest 1 clove crushed garlic
- ½ tsp sugar (or honey)
- salt & pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a rice cooker stir well and cook according to rice cookers instructions. When rice is cooked allow to sit in warming function for 3-5 mins. Then fluff the lupin rice with a fork and let cool.
Place all ingredients in a microwave rice steamer, stir well and cook for 14 mins on high. When rice is cooked allow to sit and steam for at least 3-5 mins. Then fluff the lupin rice with a fork and let cool.
Saucepan: Not recommended.
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together, and set aside.
To the lupin/rice mix add the salad ingredients (use only half the herbs) and the dressing and gently stir through.
Serve by garnishing with the remaining herbs on top