Lupin, Haloumi & Sweet Potato Burgers
Prep time 15 mins. Makes 12 Burgers, 3 per Serve (GF) (V)
- 150g Lupin Flakes
- 250g grated Haloumi chees
- 30g grated parmesan
- 250 grated sweet potato
- ½ medium onion finely diced
- 120g corn kernels
- 50g plain flour (or Gluten free plain flour)
- 1 whole egg lightly whisked
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 100ml milk, water or stock
- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil of choice for shallow frying
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Let stand for 5 minutes
- Once rested, with moist hands, form the mixture into patties / burgers of desired size. We recommend creating 80g portions and making them as thin as possible to allow for even cooking.
- Shallow fry until golden. Ensure your oil is very hot before adding the burgers.
- Alternatively you can lightly spray burgers with oil and bake in a low to moderate oven for about 30 mins for an even healthier burger!
Serve with plain Greek yoghurt, sauce or relish of your choice.