Lupin, Haloumi & Sweet Potato Burgers
Prep time 15 mins. Makes 12 Burgers, 2 per Serve (GF) (Vegetarian)
Per serve: 395 Calories, 11g Protein, 9g Fat, 8g Carbs, 5g Fibre
- 150g Lupin Flakes
- 250g grated Haloumi cheese
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
- 250g grated sweet potato
- 100g lonion finely diced
- 120g corn kernels
- 50g plain flour (or Gluten free plain flour)
- 1 whole egg lightly whisked
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 80ml milk, water or stock
- 1tsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Oil of choice for shallow frying
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Let stand for 5 minutes
- Once rested, with moist hands, form the mixture into patties / burgers of desired size. We recommend creating 80g portions and making them as thin as possible to allow for even cooking.
- Shallow fry until golden. Ensure your oil is very hot before adding the burgers.
- Alternatively you can lightly spray burgers with oil and bake in a low to moderate oven for about 30 mins for an even healthier burger!
Serve with plain Greek yoghurt, sauce or relish of your choice.