High Protein Lupin Falafels
Prep time 20mins, cook time 20 mins. Makes 12. (V) (GF). When oven baked, per falafel (35g): 50 Calories, 5g Protein, 1g Fat, 4g Carbs, 4g Fibre
- 120g lupin flake
- 40g cornflour (GF)
- 40g onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander
- 180ml warm water
- Hummus (or Greek yoghurt) to serve.
- Place all ingredients except water in a bowl blend well together then add the water combine well.
- Let mixture stand for 15 minutes minimum, 30 mins is better.
- With wet hands form the mixture into golf sized balls.
- Let stand for 5 mins.
- Shallow fry falafels in oil until brown, turning regularly to ensure even cooking.
- Oil must be hot, otherwise falafels will break apart.
- Serve with hummus or plain Greek yoghurt.