Lupin Crusted Cauliflower Salad
Prep time 10 mins. Cook time 40 mins Serves 8 as side dish (GF) (Vegan)
- 100g Lupin flake
- 750g Cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp Caraway or fennel seeds
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- Oregano, paprika and salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest 1 clove crushed garlic
- ½ tsp sugar (or honey)
- salt & pepper to taste and a handful herbs (parsley and mint or coriander, chopped coarsely)
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Toss cauliflower, oil, caraway seeds, lupin flakes until cauliflower is evenly coated. Transfer the mix to a baking tray, lined with baking paper, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle a little oregano and paprika.
Roast cauliflower, tossing occasionally until tender and golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
Meanwhile whisk together the ingredients for the zesty dressing. When the cauliflower has finished roasting, toss with the dressing. May be served with a sprinkle of toasted slivered almonds and pomegranates seeds.
Note: We recommend roasting the cauliflower until it is browning on top and caramelized.