Lupin Broad Bean Salad
Prep time 15 mins. Serves 8 as a side salad
- 200g lupin flake
- 2 bunches spring onions, cut on the diagonal
- 500g broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 bunch parsley (or other herb of your choice)
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil, for dressing extra olive oil for sautéing
- salt & black pepper
- Boil three litres of water in a large saucepan, add lupin flake and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and when cool enough to handle, squeeze dry by hand or in a clean cloth.
- Set aside. Sauté spring onions in olive oil and seasoning until soft and translucent, add cooked lupin flake and stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat and set aside. This step can be done the day before.
- Defrost broad beans in microwave for roughly 2 minutes on high. Ignore the instruction on the package, you will need to defrost them until skin is loose but no more.
- Skin broad beans and add to lupin flake.
- Add chopped parsley.
- In a mortar and pestle, crush garlic with a little sea salt to make a paste.
- Add juice and zest of lemons, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir dressing to combine and drizzle over lupin flake mix.
- Toss gently to combine.