Decadent Lupin Brownies
Prep time 20 mins, makes approx 24 (5cmx5cm).
- 80g lupin flake
- 35g GF Self-raising flour
- 35g almond meal
- 60g cocoa powder
- 330g caster sugar
- 30g chocolate buds
- 4 eggs separated
- 250g unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20cm x 30cm (base) slab pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Place lupin flake, almond meal, gluten free SR flour, chocolate buds, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl and combine.
- Make a well in the centre and add egg yolks and melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix until just smooth. Fold in egg whites gently.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan. Lift from pan carefully using the overhanging paper cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.