Protein Packed Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins
Prep time 10 minutes. Cook time 30 mins (GF). Makes 12
Per serve : Energy 190 calories, Protein 10g, Fibre 6g, Fat 5g, Carbs 26g.
- 200g (1.5 cup) Lupin Flakes
- 200g (1 cup) Self-Raising Gluten Free Flour
- 50g Almond meal
- 110g Brown sugar
- 3 tsp Stevia
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1½tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Whole egg, lightly whisked
- 5ml Vanilla extract
- 310ml Skim milk
- 200g 0% fat Greek yoghurt (We recommend Total 0%)
- 30g Olive oil
- 250g (1½ cup) Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowls.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, vanilla, milk, olive oil and yoghurt and whisk gently to combine.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and gently fold in until just combined, then add blueberries and fold in further.
- Spoon mixture into a 12 serve muffin tray lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little brown sugar and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. Muffins are ready when a skewer comes out clean.