Lupin Protein Pancakes
(GF), Serves 2, Per serve 305 calories, 28g Protein, 14g Fat, 11g Carbs, 11g Fibre
- 60g lupin flake (1/2 cup)
- 200g smooth ricotta – low fat version preferable
- 100g (3)egg whites
- 2 tsp sugar
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp GF baking powder (or normal)
- zest of 1 lemon
- a little bit of stevia (1/4 tsp) is optional
- Place all ingredients except butter in a bowl and blend well together (1 minute with a hand mixer is recommended).
- Let the batter rest for 20-30 mins (The batter can be left in a fridge overnight in fact it works better this way)
- Place a large non-stick frying pan (~30cm) on low heat and warm a dollop of butter, let it melt, then take the frying pan off the heat and spoon batter (~3 heaped tablespoons) into the pan and gently spread the batter into thinner discs (~10cm) using the back of the spoon (lupin batter is thicker than traditional pancake mix).
- Place frying pan back on the heat (low-medium) and cook on one side until it bubbles and gently flip over and cook the other side.
- Lupin pancakes hold more moisture and therefore will take longer to cook, so it is important to monitor the heat as to not burn them.
- Dust with a small amount of icing sugar while still warm and serve.