Lupin, Corn & Zucchini Fritters
Prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins . Makes 10-12 fritters. (Vegetarian) (GF).
3 Fritters per Serve: 151 Calories, 9g Protein, 5g Fat, 11g Carbs, 5g Fibre
- 40g Lupin flakes
- 20g (1 Tbsp) Plain Flour (use GF plain flour for gluten free)
- 60g light ricotta cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 60ml semi skim milk (milk of choice)
- 125g corn kernels
- 100g ½ medium zucchini, grated (squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Make the batter by whisking milk and eggs in a large bowl. To this add the lupin flakes, flour, ricotta, corn kernels, zucchini, chives, parsley, lemon zest, salt, pepper and mix to combine.
- Rest for at least 10 minutes to allow Lupin flake to hydrate.
- Heat a non-stick frypan and lightly spray with oil and spoon batter (2 tablespoons per fritter) into the pan
- Cook the fritters for about three minutes on each side, until golden.
- Serve with mashed avocado and tomato salsa.