High Protein Overnight Lupin Bircher Muesli
Prep time 10 mins. Chill for two hours. Makes 2 small servings. (Vegetarian) (GF). Per serving : 93 Calories, 13g Protein, 2g Fat, 2g Carbs, 8g Fibre
- 40g (4tbsp) toasted Lupin Flakes
- 3g (1 tsp) chia seeds
- 3g (1 tsp) shredded coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp stevia (optional)
- 100g apple, grated (1 large apple)
- 190ml (3/4 cup) water
- 80g Greek yoghurt - 0% fat (FAGE)
- 1 tsp honey (or syrup of choice)
- ¼ cup berries (optional)
- Toast lupin flakes in a dry pan over low heat until just turning golden brown and let cool.
- Place cooled toasted lupin flakes, chia, coconut, cinnamon and grated apple in a large bowl.
- Add the water and the yoghurt and stir well to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve lupin bircher muesli with extra yoghurt, fresh berries and drizzled with honey.
Note: We suggest using Greek yogurt due to its high probiotic count. You can use a different yogurt (ie coconut for a vegan option) and it won’t affect the recipe, but if using a sweetened yogurt, you may omit the honey.